Thursday, April 06, 2006

We picked the hottest time to travel in SE Asia. Today in Luang Prabang it was sunny and the temperature went up to 40 degrees celcius - that's 104 fahrenheit. The forecast is for more of the same. The evenings are a comfortable 22 celcius, and the occassional shower is a welcome, but temporary relief.

Nobody rushes around here, nobody wears a jacket or tie. Sleeping under a tree is the favoured post-lunch activity. We got it, made in the shade.

Next week is Pii Mai, Buddhist new year, and people celebrate by getting into a huge 3 day water fight. It's already starting, and we've been soaked with waterguns by kids. I'll have to get me a super-soaker to defend myself.

4 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your culture shock when you come back to Canada. When you take a nap under a tree here, you gotta make sure it's the right season, or else you could die! Hee hee. Just make sure to wear a bra under your white T-shirts. You too Pete!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Sidorenko said...

We're expecting flurries tonight, although it was 18 celsius last week.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The“Siesta”is my most favorite manner. I love it.
I pleased to hear that the almost same custom is exist in Laos.Please enjoy your daily life,and have a excellent time in SE Asia. See you soon.

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that now I can post without registering, because the first time I logged on I registered then promptly forgot my password. Then I couldn't post because I couldn't log on, and so forth. Sounds so cool, what you're doing. Can you put some more pictures up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home